Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to your appointment, remain in the office during your procedure, and drive you home after surgery.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 16 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Rodenburg, Dr. Youssef, Dr. MacMenamin, Dr. Brown or Dr. Burns prior to your surgical date for instructions.